Sunday 15 April 2012

Man Wear

My husband has only one Bow Tie and he's always been rather keen on it, so I thought it was high time I made him some new ones. So, I purchased five of Bow Tie Clips from Etsy


When the clips arrived, he sat in front of my fabric stash to make his selection. Once he'd selected his favourites, and boy was I pleased with his selection, I set about making them. This was the first time I've ever used interfacing and I'm a convert, I don't think these would have worked without it.

With a little bit of measuring and ironing, and the tiniest bit of sewing, they were done and then proudly presented to him when he arrived home from work!


I think he looks rather dapper!


2 comments:

Lynne said...

Now I'm looking like a stalker, commenting again so soon! But I HAD to say something about those bow-ties!

They are really fab, and I love that you've made them in funky fabrics. Some months ago when a friend and I first decided to do this craft fair I found a young couple- in a magazine I think- who have a business making out of the odinary bow-ties, and I thought how scrumptious! And JUST the size of item for a craft fair!

No, I haven't tried any yet - I would need a pattern as I'm a bit spatially challenged when it comes to 3-dimensional fabric thingies. Well done, they look great - and how good does that man look in his!

Bobo Bun said...

Never too sure about the bow tie, but these look absolutely great and cool on your man aswell.

Good to meet you the other day.