Wednesday 25 April 2012

Buttons and Burlap

Sometimes I really fancy a quick make, things that can be finished within an hour or at least the same day. So often my projects take an absolute age, it's nice to mix it up a little. Sometimes it takes a while for me to get all the supplies I need for something that's in the back of my mind...

A little while ago when we visited the The Bead Boutique in Long Melford, I bought lots and lots of white buttons. I knew I wanted to make a burlappy heart buttony thing in a frame. Then when visiting my favourite charity shop in Diss, EACH, I found the perfect square frame that was all dark brown, so this got many coats of a soft white paint and then I just had to come across a Burlap fabric, which I eventually purchased in Sew Simple.

Then last night was the night, all the bits of the pieces were going to come together. A bit of ironing, sticking, sewing and it was done! I do love a quick project, there's something about producing something, seeing the results and tidying everything away all in an evening.



I really love the buttons that we purchased, a mixture of shapes, patterns and finishes and it's already up on our wall in the Living Room. So the quick project is done and it's now back to the Colourful Crochet rounds...Crochet, Crochet, Crochet!

1 comment:

MarmaladeRose said...

Lovely project and so good to have it done and cleared away quickly, I have no idea what that must feel like as I manage to leave a mess what ever I seem to do, lol.