Tuesday 17 April 2012

Colourful


I have a thing for new craft supplies. I get really excited when I find a new craft shop. Whenever we go somewhere I always I check to see if they have a fabric, bead or yarn shop. I just can't  help myself! It's even better when we just stumble across one. A few months ago we were driving through Long Melford in Suffolk and I squealed at my Husband "Beeeadssssssssss". He had to swiftly park so we could go and have a look. We entered a completely darling bead shop call The Bead Boutique. They also sold buttons - jars and jars of buttons. I spent so long in the shop individually choosing the beads that the owner actually sat me down and let me pour out all the jars one at a time to make it easier!

I've always been fairly loyal in my colour choices - soft browns, cools greys, dusky or rose pinks, natural greens, duck egg blues, whites and creams. I love these colours, my heart is naturally drawn to them. There is something soothing and calming about these colours. I find them restful.

However, recently I've been seeing far more colourful things sneaking in. Hot pinks, bright reds, lime greens, cheerful yellows and spicy oranges. Maybe I'm just craving Summer warmth. I think I'll always be loyal to my favourite colours, but I reckon it doesn't hurt to splash out the colour sometimes!

No comments: