Friday 13 April 2012

Wrist Warmers


My Mum mostly gets around either in a Wheelchair or Crutches. Her hands often get cold so I made a quick pair of Wrist Warmers for her so she can still grip properly.

I started with a mahoosive inspiration from Attic24 with a few tweaks here and there. I worked them up in a double Crochet stitch and then worked in increase and decrease stitches to make them fit the curve of the wrist through to the hand.

There are many things that I completely adore about my Mum and one of these is how appreciative she is of gifts - especially when I've made something, she's a complete doll!

3 comments:

Penny said...

How lovely... A new Norfolk blogger! I love those little wrist warmers, such pretty colours. I'm looking forward to reading more about your Norfolk life, and if you are around for Norfolk Open Studios, do come and visit Planet Penny and say hello.

Bobo Bun said...

Hi Claire

Bet your mum was thrilled with her gift. Wish I could see them, but for some reason I can only ever see half the pics on blogs (must be my knackered laptops fault).

Pleas say hello if you manage to pop by on Saturday.

Lisa

Lynne said...

Hello Claire! I'm another Norfolk blogger/maker-of-things, and I've also just started to blog - lovely to meet you! Perhaps we could 'chat' about being newbies, and other stuff.

Keep on keepin' on!
Lynne ps click on my name and you 'should' get to my blog.