Sunday 27 May 2012

Outdoors


Today I got my wish of warm outdoors time. There were Friends, a Picnic, Tartan Blankets galore, Ice Cold Drinks (thank you Mr Thermos!), Swimming, Ice Lollies and lots and lots relaxation. It was just what I needed.


I particularly like Sea Palling, as it's a Blue Flag Beach. We spent the whole long hot day there and it was quite simply just perfect. We're so lucky to live so close to the Norfolk Coastline. Especially when it means you can turn your Sister and her Boyfriend into a Mermaid and Merman. They looked so pretty!


The Swimming Costume was well and truly cranked out for its first outing of 2012. I love Sea Swimming. Like, really love! I think it's one of my favourite things to do. I just feel so free bobbing around in the waves. To be fair it took a little while getting into the Sea, as it was a mean 10 degrees. I much prefer the sea temperature in September, but hey, I'll brave the cold for the thrill of the Sea!


I'm hoping for a long hot Summer with as many Sea Swims as possible. Here's hoping!

3 comments:

FourHappyBunnies said...

I love the Norfolk coastline, you are very, very lucky. Sea swimming - how brave brrrrrrrr!! X

Jay said...

We were there on Saturday evening, just catching the last bit of sunshine and a sandy cappucino in the cAfe!

Lynne said...

Blimey, you were brave, Claire! T'would have to be a little warmer - the water that is - before I venture in. But yes, it was such a great weekend wasn't it? I love the way we get all laid back and continental when the sun shines for longer than one day here in Britain.