Sunday 13 May 2012

Sunday Domesticity

Today we wanted to bake, and bake we did. We had a new oven fitted this week, so we wanted to give it a real test run. First up, we made Cherry Bakewell Cupcakes from BBC Good Food. Their recipe was for one large cake, but I wanted to use my new Pink Gingham Cupcake cases. Man, these are tasty! Almondy goodness with a cherry on top. We'll definitely make these again.




Then we thought we'd branch out and try a slightly more complicated recipe, Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls. These took a long time to make, but to be fair this was lots of waiting for things to cool and prove. These are the most amazing, yummy, delicious and wondrous things. They are so soft and moreish. My husband has declared love. Every single second was worth it.




My Husband also kindly made Rosemary and Garlic Focaccia. He has far more patience than I for making bread. That man really can make good Bread.



Then we made two Quiches, a Tuna and Lorraine. These recipes are from a wonderful friend we met at  Halls when we were at University. When she announced one evening she was making Tuna Quiche for Dinner, we were all slightly scared...Tuna, Eggs, cooked together?! But it really is lovely and we've made this many times since our very scared first encounter.


Then it was time for dinner - add a little salad, coleslaw and our first Jersey Royals of the season and we're set! Plus there's plenty plenty plenty of leftovers! Yum!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks fab! I bought loads of baking tins etc last year and they are still unused! You have shamed me into using them! Your teatime table looks wonderful.

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Oh, yum, what a mouth-watering post. Your makes look lovely. I am a big fan of anything cinnamon, so the Cinnamon Rolls are my favourite. Hope you have a good week.

FourHappyBunnies said...

I made the mistake of reading your post before cooking dinner this evening and now I am suddenly feeling very hungry.
The focacia and cinnamon buns look delicious xx