Thursday 3 May 2012

Tea and Little Cakes



Recently some friends introduced me to a new (ish) lunchtime retreat in the City, Tea and Little Cakes on Timber Hill. I've been there twice in the last two weeks, it really is that good! They have a lovely menu with things like a Risotto and Soup of the Day, sandwiches and a large selection Breakfasts!


It was so busy both times we have been in there, which I like as it's always a good sign of a decent place to eat. I must confess that I have a small addiction to Eggs Benedict, whenever we eat out and that's on the menu, it's the only option for me to order. Literally, the only option! So, both times, I've ordered the Eggs Benedict on the most delicious Soda Bread. Yum, Yum and Yum!


I really like the decoration inside - just look at those Chairs. One of my Friends had a Lemon and Ginger Tea which arrived in a most pretty tea pot with a cup and saucer. Then there's lots of Boden Kitchenalia and mix and match Cutlery.


And there's cake - all displayed on pretty cake stands - truly scrumptious. Really generous large portions of Cake, decorated so beautifully with Fruit and Flowers.  I can see a lot of Lunches here in my Future.

No comments: