Wednesday 11 July 2012

The Waffle House


The other night we went to the Waffle House on St Giles with my Sister and her Partner. We went to celebrate her completing and passing her PGCE with no less than an outstanding Ofsted grade. I'm so proud of her. I'm glad that she choose the Waffle House as the food there is amazing.


First up was the Savoury Waffles - I had Ham, Mushrooms and Cheese Sauce on a Wholemeal Waffle, my Husband had one of their specials of Sausage, Bacon and Salad in a Balsamic dressing and the other two had the Bolognese.



Realistically though, our main reason for going are the deserts. Two Banoffee Waffles and two Chocolate Mouse Waffles. These are the things of dreams...


5 comments:

Gilly Tee said...

That's one of my daughters favourite haunts, I haven't been for years maybe it's time for a revisit the banana and chocolate looks amazing.
Congrats to your sister.
Gillx

Jay said...

I haven't been there in ages, looks as good as ever though!

Kimberley said...

Wow that looks amazing but I do hope you meant 'chocolate mousse waffles' and not ' chocolate mouse waffles' I really couldn't stomach that! X

Bobo Bun said...

I waitressed there in '89 and got sacked eventually for drinking the wine late at night with other staff and running up the phone bill to my boyfriend in London. I left sunny Norfolk not long after and have never been back to try their food again. You've just reminded me how scrumptious their sweet waffles are. My favourite was the coconut one with choc mousse.

My Norfolk Life said...

Oh my! I really did mean Mousse not Mouse! C x