Wednesday 8 August 2012

Tea Time


An absolute age ago, we bought a Tea Pot, at the time a quite liked it, but as time has passed it lost favour in our household. It has a pretty rose pattern, but it's predominantly white, just not enough pattern for my liking! So, I decided to make a Tea Cosy. I dug through my yarn stash and went with grey and various shades of pink. To be fair it was a little embarrassing quite how many different pink yarns I own! The main body of the Tea Cosy was a bit of a bodge - I didn't use a pattern, just made it up as I went along. Stretching and pulling it into shape. The pretty flowers and leaves are from Lucy at Attic 24. I am rather pleased with it as it's much prettier now and it will take pride of place at our Sunday Morning Breakfasts.



2 comments:

Lynne said...

Hi Claire, love your teapot's floral topping! I keep looking at the phot in the little book Lucy recommended to us all and I should really have a go! And you can't tell the bother you had with the main body of the tea cosy.. it all looks lovely!

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Hi, I love your blog but can't seem to follow you on any of the methods you have! Not brilliant with technology! I will pop back again! Ada :)