Tuesday 5 February 2013

Whiling about the hours


I have a thing for baking books. I covet, collect and occasionally use them. I love their styling, beautiful fonts,  and pretty colours. These are some of the books I have bought this year - just look how sweet the candy colours are - so inviting. This year I'm determined to crack Macarons. You see I love them. Salted Caramel, Lemon, Pistachio, Raspberry Coffee, Praline, in fact I haven't found a flavour I don't like. However, after seven attempts now I have failed. 2013 is going to be the year! I also want to expand my baking repertoire, so these books are just the ticket. 


I have spent many hours reading these books and have tried out some recipes already like the Strawberry Cheesecake and the Almond and Blackberry Tart. They were both quite yummy. So many recipes, so little time!


3 comments:

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Yum! :) x

Belmont Yarns said...

I'll have a slice of the almond and blackberry tart please and a cup of lady grey tea please! Teehee

Yum!

Helen xx

gilly said...

Those cakes look scrumptious - have fun trying all those lovely recipes :-)
Xx